Terms & Conditions
PODs The Backpackers Home
Terms & Conditions
Check-in and check-out:
1. Check-in time is at or after 14:00 and check-out time is at or before 12:00.
2. Early check-in may be given subject to availability of beds or PODs.
4. Late check-out is not accepted and the security deposit of MYR20 will be forfeited. Guest will be charged an additional balance of full rate for late check-out after 14:00.
Payment and cancellation policy:
1. For online booking through www.podsbackpacker.com, 100% payment will be collected. For cancellation made less than 48 hours before check-in time or for no show up, full payment of the first night of the booking will be charged on the credit card.
2. For booking made through email/phone or other booking channels, the same 48 hours cancellation policy applies.
3. For group booking (5 or more people), 50% deposit is required 14 days in advance. Full payment is to be made upon check-in. For cancellation made less than 14 days before check-in time or for no show up, the deposit paid is non-refundable.
4. Full payment is to be made upon check-in. We accept cash payment in MYR only or credit card (Visa, Mastercard). Strictly no check-in will be accepted without personal identification or passport.
5. A security deposit of MYR20 will be collected upon check-in. The deposit will be refunded upon an incident free check-out which includes but not limited to an on time check-out and a proper return of access card and keys.
6. If you wish to make changes to your arrival date or to shorten your duration of stay, please notify us 48 hours before check-in time to avoid cancellation charges.
Guest restrictions and behaviors:
1. PODs may generally deny accommodations to a prospective guest for the following reasons:
– The person is unwilling or unable to pay for a room or accommodation or other establishment privileges.
– The person is visibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs or creating public nuisance.
– The person’s use of a room or accommodation would violate the facility’s maximum capacity.
– The person is reasonably believed to use the room or facility for an unlawful purpose or to bring in something that would create an unreasonable danger or risk to others.
2. PODs reserves the right to refuse service to guests we deem inappropriate for the safety and comfort of our general guests.
3. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all areas. Foods and non-plain drinks are not allowed in rooms and dormitories area. A penalty of MYR50 will be charged against guests who do not comply with these rules.
4. If your behavior is deemed to be unacceptable or causes damage, your booking may be terminated and you may be asked to leave our premises. No whole or part refunds will be made under these circumstances.
Access hours and privileges:
1. PODs front desk, common area and teaPODs café are opened 24 hours daily.
2. For dormitories, ACs will be switched on from 19:00 to 07:00. The quiet time for sleeping is from 23:00 to 07:00. Lights will be switched off during these hours. Out of courtesy to fellow guests, please be very quiet if you come in late at night or if you leave early in the morning.
3. Our private rooms (PODs) are made of built-in platform with mattresses on top of it. We use shared centralized ACs which we switched on from 14:00 to 07:00.
4. FREE breakfast is served daily from 06:00 to 10:00 at teaPODs café.
5. PODs reserves their rights to have access to rooms or dormitories area for the purpose of maintenance, cleaning or any other reasons deemed appropriate.
6. All facilities within PODs are strictly for the benefit of in-house guests, staffs and business owners only. Access is restricted only to the said individuals at all times.
1. You hereby acknowledge and agree that your personal information has been given to us for the purpose of securing room bookings, and providing you with confirmation of the said bookings, accounting and billing, checking credit or other payment cards, credit card payments, administrative and legal purposes (if any), statistical analysis and helping us in any future dealings with you.
2. We may use the information you supply to us for the purpose of carrying out our contact with you and to inform you of other services and offers which we make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
1. PODs is not liable for every accident or loss that occurs in the premises, nor do we insure the absolute safety of every guest.
2. PODs shall not be liable for the death, sickness or injury to any guests or for the loss, theft or damage to any guest’s properties however sustained or caused. It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure their belongings are secured at all times.
3. Guests are liable for any loss or damages (above wear and tear) to the property or its facilities. Guests will be charged as deemed appropriate by the management.
4. PODs shall not be liable if we are prevented or delayed in the performing of any of our obligations to our guests if this is due to any causes beyond our reasonable control which include but not limited to: act of terrorism, an act of God, flood, fire or accident; war or civil disturbance; strike, industrial action or stoppages of work; any forms of government intervention; a third party act or omission.
5. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information we provide, PODs does not accept liability for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change information.
6. PODs reserves the right to amend, add or delete any of the terms and conditions herein whenever appropriate without any notices whatsoever.